ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT
SOCIAL MEDIA RELEASE
Who is Jeffrey Saad?
Jeffrey Saad is the National Spokesperson for the American Egg Board and does recipe and restaurant consulting.
He began his food career working in a Chicago diner at the age of 13. He decided at that moment that he would open restaurants and food would be his life. He spent the next 25 years doing just that.
Jeffrey was formally trained as a chef at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park New York as well as the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco.
Jeffrey opened three locations of his Sweet Heat, Mexican Restaurants in San Francisco. He then became a partner in Pasta Pomodoro Italian restaurants which currently has over 30 locations in California.
In 2009, Jeffrey was the runner up on season 5 of The Next Food Network Star. Jeffrey currently hosts a series of webisodes called the “Spice Smuggler” on foodnetwork.com.
Eat Well, Enjoy life, Be happy.
Jeffrey Saad's Website
- Farmers’ market dinner
- “Scotch eggs” made quick and easy
- Fall risotto, the taste of Thanksgiving in one dish.
- Egg Tuesday, “breakfast burger”
- One steak, four people, dinner time?
- Caviar and opera out of the blue!
- Tuesday is egg day.
- Wasabi, I learn something new everyday!
- Los Angeles rain, fondue and great family time
- Cooking with eggs with a purpose!
Recent Press Releases
- The Spice Smuggler Jeffrey Saad’s Spice Recipe of the Month: Spiced Eggnog Meringue
Los Angeles, Calif., December 8, 2009 – Each month, Celebrity Chef Jeffrey Saad, also known as The Spice Smuggler, takes spices off the rack and brings them to life in his kitchen and on his blog, which can be found at www.jeffreysaad.com. Below is December’s Spice Recipe of the Month, Spiced Eggnog Meringue.
- Celebrity Chef Jeffrey Saad to Open at Guy Fieri Road Show at the Gibson Theatre in Los Angeles on December 17th
Los Angeles, CA, November 24, 2009 – The Spice Smuggler and runner up from Season Five’s “The Next Food Network Star,” Jeffrey Saad, will be doing the opening cooking demonstration for the first ever food entertainment concert, the Guy Fieri Road Show, on Thursday, December 17th at the Universal City Walk’s Gibson Amphitheatre.
- Celebrity Chef Jeffrey Saad Shares Fall Food Ideas on
KFWB’s Home Wizards Radio Show
Listen this Saturday, Nov. 21st, 8:00–9:00 a.m. as Celebrity Chef Jeffrey Saad joins Radio Personality, Cindy Dole, on her Home Wizards radio program as they countdown to Thanksgiving. Jeffrey will be sharing delicious recipes, such as eggnog and a spiced caramel nut sauce over ice cream. Cindy, Jeffrey, and two other chefs will also be discussing traditional and non-traditional foods to serve for family and friends at home during the holidays.
- Meet The Spice Smuggler Jeffrey Saad and His
Spice Recipe of the Month: Five Spice Shrimp Sliders
Los Angeles, Calif., November 4, 2009 – Known as the Spice Smuggler and runner up of the hotly contested photo finish of Season Five’s ‘The Next Food Network Star,’ Jeffrey Saad is now taking the TV and culinary world by storm. He is the host of the web-exclusive series, The Spice Smuggler, on FoodNetwork.com and writes a very successful weekly blog. Building on that tradition, each month Jeffrey will take spices off the rack and bring them to life in his kitchen and on his blog, which can be found at www.jeffreysaad.com. Stand by for a mouth watering experience.
- The Sweet Heat Food Tasting
- Jeffrey Saad from the ‘Next Food Network Star’ to Judge Cake-Off this Sunday for the Special Olympics’ Pier Del Sol 2009
- Jeffrey Saad from “The Next Food Network Star” to Co-Host Los Angeles Magazine’s “The Food Event ‘09” on October 25th
If you are using images from this site, please give photo credit to: